Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lets try this again...

This was originally my blog for my trip to Greece... But seeing how its entitled "Oh, the Places You Will Go", I've decided I should revisit my blog and update all my seven followers on the summer and life after Greece.  I really do regret not keeping up during my semester.  There just wasn't enough time in the day.

Anyways...  a lot has changed!

I finished my last semester of IUP and I'm all set to transfer to the  Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in Manhattan in the fall.  I'm very excited about that!  I'll graduate in the spring with an Associates in Fashion Merchandising Management, then I'll go back for two years to receive my bachelors in International Merchandising and Management for the Fashion Industries.


About the summer...
We got a new puppy!  Her name is Sophie, she's a Bernese Mountain Dog.  We just love her!




I started the summer off with a wonderful trip to Boston to see my Greece friends Vicky and Alyssa... and I left with many more new friends!  It was so great to be back with all the amazing people I met abroad.  We did everything from the Museum of Science to seeing Adam Lambert and more! Boston is a beautiful city!  I loved it.







Just hanging out with the band!



Line up of the Kiss Concert!


After my trip to Boston, I came home for 9 days and was off to Bonnaroo and a little road trip through the south, which was such a blast!  I flew to Memphis where Dani picked me up and then we drove to Alabama to see Christa!  A few days later we drove from Florence Alabama to Manchester Tennesse, where we met Curt, Alyssa, Tommy & Grace and waitined in line for 10 hours to get into Bonnaroo... in 95 degree weather with no AC..  10 hours!






 Silent Disco!!

Bonnaroo was amazing just very exhausting being in the hot weather with no shade or water anywhere! We saw some amazing concerts, Jay-Z, Regina Spektor, Ingrid Michaelson, Tenacious D, Dave Matthews and more!  Dani and I had a little episode with heat exhaustion and had to be taken to the first aid tent when we were in the 2nd row of Kings of Leon!!  But it worked out okay because Dani's coming to visit in a few weeks & we'll be seeing them in Buffalo!  YAY!









Overall, it was an amazing time... I'm not sure if I'd do it again but we'll see what the lineup is for next year!
After Bonnaroo, Dani and I drove to Texas stopping at Ole Miss and in Austin!  I got to meet my new FIT friend Shelby and we stopped to see Julia!

I fell in love with Austin & San Antonio!  Meeting all of Dani's friends was so much fun!  I miss it!


Dani & I at the Alamo!



I miss you!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you about NYC! I'm mostly in Pittsburgh but I might stop by in Bradford if you're in town. When do you leave? I'd love to see you!