Monday, October 5, 2009

I can't believe its week 3!

I cannot believe that I've been here for 3 weeks already!  Its going by so fast and I know I'm going to be so sad when the time comes to go home.
I really love living in the city and so I've decided I want to go to school in NYC or maybe LA.  Yesterday I applied to the Fashion Institute of Technology in Manhattan!
But anyways, More about Greece.
Its hard to blog a lot because our internet never works in the apartment which is so frustrating!  I took the hour bus ride to school today just so I could get online.. 
Also, the washing machine (that takes 2 hours & has no dryer) broke and so I can't do laundry... which is a bummer.

Last weekend, we went on a school field trip to Chalkidiki.  They call that area the turquoise sea.  It was so beautiful.  The water was freezing but we went swimming anyways just because it was so gorgeous.  We also went on a boat tour of Mt. Athos and saw the Monasteries that only men are allowed to visit. 



 
The next day, on our way back to Thessaloniki we went to visit a cave that was 87,000 years old.  Or something like that.  It was incredible.  We weren't allowed to take pictures but they have mammoth teeth that had been found inside that were so huge.  It was probably the most fun weekend ever... until this next one because its my birthday and 3 of my friends and I are going to MYKONOS for my birthday!!!  I can't wait.  Mykonos is one of the islands were they filmed Mamma Mia.  We're taking an 11:00 train from Thessaloniki to Athens then jumping on a ferry to take us to the island.  We found a cute little hostel hotel that we're staying at.  We already talked to the woman who runs it and she is so sweet!  They make fresh baklava for the guests and free breakfast every morning!
http://mina-studios.com/  Thats the link if anyone wants to check it out.


 
These pictures are from the fresh market in Thessaloniki.  Its quite the experience going there.  All of the veggies are cheaper and much more fresh but its hard to communicate with everyone.  Plus, the fish market smells terrible!  They have lots of amazing little tavernas there at night where you can experience the ultimate Greek dining experience.   I never wanted to leave.  



Now, I HAVE to go study for my psychology quiz... but I really will write more later.  Thank you everyone for reading.  I miss you all!

1 comment:

Haddock said...

The market place is the best place to click pictures.